Sunday, February 14, 2010

Atlas Lava Clay Mask from Zakia's Morocco

*DISCLAIMER : I was kindly given this product by Zakia's Morocco owner. I was not paid to make my review, so I will share my honest opinion on it.*

This a soft clay mask that exfoliate and detoxify the skin. It mainly contains "ghassoul", a clay also known as the cleansing matter. The ingredient list of it is really short, water, clay and a preservative not too harsh for the skin.

What do I think about it? The one I was offered to try is not available on the website. It is more like the raw base without any infused oil like argan or essential oils (the ones offer on the website do contain some of the aforementioned component). The smell is the one you can expect from low processed clay mask that is to say wet ground. It does not bother me and it disappears as the mask dries. It is very easy-to-use, you just spread a thin layer all over your face and let it dry for 10 mins. Then you rinse with a babycloth or a sponge with lukewarm water. It tightens a lot the skin when drying but it is worth this little pain. Once patted dry, your skin will feel amazingly soft and plumped.
"Ghassoul" is a very soft clay that is useful for every skin type, even dry and mature because it has some hydrating and moisturising properties.


Does it work? Yes, very well. The softness of my skin after that is really surprising. I see this effect as a great exfoliating efficiency without scrubbing which can be a little harsh on sensitive skin. It does not accentuate my skin's dehydration like most clay masks.

Do I recommend it? Yes, yes and yes again. It is not that cheap but it works so well and the pot is really huge. It has really helped to normalize my skin. 2 to 3 times a week for me is the best frequency to renew my skin.

Price: 34,95$ by Zakia's Morocco (online seller)

I think it is my favourite product from this brand, ex-aequo with the argan oil. All of them are very high quality so give it a try if you like organic inspired skincare.

See ya :)


Hurry up, huge sale for Valentine's Day, everything is cut down by 50%!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please state your name :)