Saturday, February 27, 2010

Cleopatra...

Yeah an other FOTD as we are Saturday. I wanted to do something with gold and blue but I went a little further than I expected to :p. I love these two colours together I made me think about ancient Egypt for a strange reason. So I go for an arabic look with extended liner and I think it turns out great. For Halloween or for a fancy-dress party it may be useful.
Here are the eye pics :

To achieve it :
- apply a golden base on the eyelid area, gel liner 24K from Coastal Scents
- add a light gold on top of your base, pigment Surfing the Nile from The She Space
- apply a dark navy blue in the outer V and blend well inwards, Contrast e/s from MAC
- add a creamy very light gold shadow as a highlighter, hydropowder eyeshadow H9 glistening sand from Shiseido
- do your arabic inspired eyeliner, gel liner Indigo Blue from Coastal Scents

- put a tonne of mascara on each eyes to make your lashes stand out, Volume Shocking Brosse Exacte from l'Oréal. And you're done!

Time for full face pics:

(why do I always look kind of drunk on my pics hum, any idea?)
(not happy, happier :))) )
For the base: camouflage cream palette MUFE + Unifiance Skin like foundation 01 from La Roche Posay (discontinued) with a single drop of Lustre Sun Rush from MAC (limited edition) + Météorites powder for the face 01 from Guerlain .
For the dark circles : Select Cover up from MAC NW 20 + Powderflage from Benefit
For the cheeks : fesh bloom allover colour Almond Blossom 03 from Clinique
(hollow) +
Beauty Powder Blush Fun & Games from MAC (limited edition, on the apples) + Mineralize Skinfinish Soft and Gentle from MAC (limited edition, highlight)
For the lips : Cremesheen Creme de Nude from MAC + gold pigment used on the lid + Eau de gloss transparent from Bourjois. Not too bad in pictures but not nice in real life.

Do you like it or not? What you think?

See ya :)

4 comments:

Lullaby77 said...

I absolutely love it, it's gorgeous! Too bad the blue shows up black on my screen.
And oh my gosh, your lashes!!! wow!!

Une fille Lambda said...

@Lullaby77: thanks hon. Yeah I know for Contrast but for a strange reason it shows up more dark gray than blue on my skin. Thanks for my lashes but the secret lies in the mascare not really in my lashes (which anyway are not too bad :p)

MUA said...

HAha j'ai découvert ton blog grâce (à cause de ??) Make up and Beauty musing ...Elle a trop de gout pour que je n'aille pas fouiller dans tes EOTD....
Encore un blog à lire (soupir !) , encore des nouveau produits à découvrir (là c'est mon porte feuille qui soupire !)

Caro de Montreal !

Une fille Lambda said...

@MUA: bienvenue ici! Je confirme que la miss a beaucoup de goût. Farfouille bien et planque ton protefeuille :p.
PS: J'adore ta ville, j'y suis restée que deux semaines mais j'en ai un super souvenir ^^

Post a Comment

Please state your name :)