Friday, October 9, 2009

The mascara I can not life without

It is the Double Extend Beauty Tubes from l'Oréal I was talking about in my previous post. Damned, I love it!!!It is quite hard to find it in France, it was not a full success here but I know it is still sold abroad so maybe you can grab it a your local supermarket (lucky you :p). Anyway before coming to details, I have not tried any of the other Double Extend mascaras so I can not do any fair comparisons. But as I like so much this one, I may give a try to its little brothers and sisters. Maybe I will adopt the whole family (nice excuse to buy more makeup, isn't it? :p)

What so special about it?
Well it is a "tube" mascara, so it sounds really appealing to my geek side :p. It can so be removed with warm water and I find it really softer for my sensitive eyes. All you have to do is to wet well your lashes, press gently your forefinger along your lashline and slowly go down. All the little polymer tubes will fall down to your cheeks and that is it ^^. Simple, hum? No smudging, no flaking 100% guaranteed (by me of course :p)
Otherwise, it is a two-side formula. The white base is used to protect and lengthen the lashes and the balck part builds the tiny tubes around each lashes. It separates really well the lashes if properly used.
One last point, it is a lenghtening formula not a plumping volumising one.

Some before and after pics?
Take my hand and follow me ^^. First, my naked eye, bith front and side view. Reminds me a bit of a cow chewing fat grass and looking at a train (very glamourous indeed)

Same thing but with one coat of mascara.

No touch-up and no editing.
Much better, hum?

I have anyway to confess that I do have long, thick and curly lashes but to me the result is simply WOW. It is even more spectacular in real life, sometimes I get asked if I wear falsies (nope, never I am too clumsy ans scared to poke my eyes).

See ya :)

2 comments:

Lullaby77 said...

I say WOW but you know me, I already own 348743975 mascaras so I don't think I'll give this one a try at the moment. Plus I don't think I've even seen it here already :(

Une fille Lambda said...

@Lullaby77: But you may also know that a girl never has enough mascara. Benchmarking is a goal in make-up! :p

Post a Comment

Please state your name :)