Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Silver powder from Mario Badescu

My next to last review on Mario Badescu skincare line from what I currently own. This time I won't talk about acne treatment but something close to that, blackheads! Yeah yiiirk... So this stuff, the silver powder, is meant to unclog pores and treat excessive oiliness.
I have to say that I really like this minimum retro-looking packaging. It makes me feel like that I jump back in the past and shop my skincare in a old herbalist's shop :p


What do I think about it? It is a loose slightly hydrated white powder. You have to put a damp cotton ball inside the powdeer and swipe it on the affected areas. You leave it on for 10 minutes and wash it away. You'd better not breathe too heavily with that pon as it stays really powdery, it will make you snneeze. It does not smell anything and it does not tingle on the skin. You won't feel aything strange while it treats. It is safe for every skin type but only on oilier area with balckheads as it absorbs sebum. The active ingredients are zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.

Does it work? Well yes. My opinion is less over the top than the ones you can read on the brand site but it is the best product I tried for blackhead treatment. The only downside I found concerns the removal of the powder. My nose stays stained with little white specks for a while even after toner but I do have really large pores in this area. So I used it at night before going to bed. After treatment, pores are really clean and seem to tighten a lil. With two treatments a week, I tend to break out a lot less.

Do I recommend it? Yes again. It is the first efficient blackhead treatment I use. But of course you have to keep using it to sustain the results.

Price:
13,25€ by HQHair or 12,50€ by Beautybay (online retailer).

I swear I am not sponsored. I'll let you know if so ^^

See ya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please state your name :)