Monday, July 13, 2009

Skin rev-er upper from Bare Minerals

So let's get it started... Here is my first review...

This serum does contain salicylic acid which is supposed to help cleaning pores in a deeper way and hence create a perfect & smooth canvas for mineral makeup application...

What do I think about it? Well it is written on the bottle that it can be used as a moisturizer for oily skin and I have to say no. Not enough moisture with this stuff alone... Anyway with only one pump pressure, you can easily do the whole face (avoid eye area), the consistency is quite liquidy and it leaves no greasy feeling. It absorbs right into the skin which is a very good point for wearing under makeup. For the "primer" effect, I don't really know as I use a separate primer for my foundation to last all day long. One aspect you have to be aware about is the scent. It clearly smells like hospital or any kind of strong-scented medicines. It doesn't really bother me as I like better this kind of smell than oversweet one! But I know some people find it really repulsive...

Does it work? I am likely to say yes... It helps me not to break out too much and it seems to help a bit fighting the inflammation of existing pimples.

Do I recommend it? Yes but it is definitely not mandatory. More a serum than a moisturizer in my opinion .

Price : 25€ by Sephora
21,25€ by HQHair.com
17,25€ by Beautybay.com

I have heard about very strong allergic reactions to this particular product so be careful if you plan to use it. You'd better to a patch test on your elbow (inside skin) to see if you react to it. Reviews on this serum are quite controversial that's why I wished to give you mine.

That's all folks... Do you want me to review anything else in priority in my facial routine (the Taï-Chi masks are on their way for tomorrow's review ;p)
See ya ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please state your name :)