Thursday, July 30, 2009

My perfume collection

I really like perfumes and at first, I decided to undertake chemistry studies in order to work in the cosmetic-related field. I have drifted from this goal but I still love strong smells.

I am the kind of girl who links her memories to smell. For instance, it is very disturbing for me to smell the same perfume on two persons as they are supposed to be different. I tend to link one specific scent to someone and this mental image is hard to change. So I have a very little perfume collection, pictured underneath, and all these sce
nts remind me a period of my life :
From left to right:
- a cheaper alternative to Thierry Mugler's Angel eau de toilette. I found it mainly in durgstores in the South of France. I was not able to locate any places selling this in Paris (strange hum?)
-
Lancome's Magnifique eau de toilette. I am not really used to this scent on my skin. I still need to tame it :)
- Rochas' L'eau de Rochas eau de toilette
- Chopard's Wish eau de parfum
- Issey Miyake's L'eau d'Issey eau de parfum

What about you? Do you have any kind of personal scent signature?
See ya :)

4 comments:

Lullaby Septante-Sept said...

Totally with you on that one! When we were about 17, my best friend used to wear a erfume that I really liked. SO she generously offered me a bottle for my birthday. I've never been able to wear it, I felt like she was in the room all the time!
The only person I ever shared a perfume with was my mom, but it's been discontinued unfortunately.

Oh and I like Magnifique a lot!

Une fille Lambda said...

@Lullaby Spetante-Sept: I share my perfume with my mum too (the first one my mother is allergic to any kind of fixatives in real perfumes)!
I do like the way Magnifique smells but I am not used to this scent right now, it is a bit like someone else scent on my own skin. I smell like a foreigner to me. Strange!

Athena said...

Hey young Lambda, your english blog is easier to find than the French one !
I see that Lullaby comments your english posts too ! You have two big fans !
I wear mainly Calèche, Eau d'Orange verte and Amazone ( all from Hermès); When my daughter was twelve years old, she said that my closet smelled good mummy ; so I think that I had a personal scent signature too!

Une fille Lambda said...

@Athena : Maybe I know that this one is displayes on my Blogger's profile. I shoul add my French one.
Happy you find your signature scent!
And you take time to comment here in English :)

Post a Comment

Please state your name :)